Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Totally zorched

Eric, as I left him, ready for anything.
Shredtastic pals Eric and Austin came down last weekend.  Austin had a wedding to attend and Eric tagged along for the ride to Portland.  We wasted no time getting the mission started Friday night.  I had a few spots in mind to check out and then we went on the hunt for a spot I had been given rough coordinates to.  We found it, filmed some tricks, and were plenty stoked.


We made plans to skate early in the morning which didn't manifest.  Then after Austin headed off to the wedding Eric and I got to business.  We went to Commonwealth to warm up and ended up filming a few tricks there on the little quarter pipe I like so much.  Eric learned nose stalls and then went next level by adding the elusive revert to the aforementioned nose staller.

I had a wallride spot in mind that my friend Ed and I skated a few years ago.  When we got there the ground was covered in really fine tree droppings.  I cleared a path and did a few wall jammers for old time sake.

Mere moments after filling my pants with tree droppings.


Eric putting all four wheels to work in epic surf style at my request.
After fulfilling our retro duties we decided to check out some small spots scattered around Vancouver, Washington.  The first one was kinda weird and we were both pretty beat so we decided to check out another after a failed attempt at locating the new-ish Vancouver skatepark.  To our delight the next spot was a lot more fun than the first.   We dorked around for a bit, carving and grinding the wave in different fashions with what little energy we had left.  The spot is really fun and it served as a perfect end to our 24 hour skate mission.








No comments:

Post a Comment