Monday, July 25, 2011

mellow surfers/feeble attempt...

Last Thursday Eric came back to town and we had an epic session at the Brooklyn Street Spot.  We showed up to the spot but it started raining almost immediately.  We then went to the indoor park and found it closed so we headed back to Brooklyn Street.  By that time it had mostly dried so we got the stoke going and had a lot of fun.  Eric shot this board skidder to fakie.  I was pretty stoked.  We filmed a few things that you can check out in the video Eric edited below the photo.  Like I said earlier in this blog, Eric is definitely a man with plenty of skills and a solid demeanor to boot.

About as much rad as I can muster.




The next day we went on a quest for the sesh but it never manifested.  It would have been really hard to top the previous day.  Brooklyn Street is probably my favorite spot in Portland.

Here begins our journey into feeble attempt territory.

This picture is in the lobby of Commonwealth.  It is totally 3D and really awesome.   Like, wow.
It's still raining or threatening to rain a fair amount of days well into July here in the greener land to the north.  Don't get me wrong, I love Portland and don't mind the rain but I have wanted to skate as much as possible lately.  With that thought in mind I bombed the hill from my house to meet my friend Jason and his daughter Dalia at Commonwealth.  Within about five minutes while I was warming up on the small quarter pipe I strained or pulled a muscle in my leg doing a feeble fakie.  I did a few more tricks but I was definitely feeling the strain.  Then I slammed straight to flat/my elbow on another attempted feeble.  I tried it for a bit more and finally made a couple in a row and called it good.  We skated the main section of the park for a bit and that was about it for today.  So for the next couple days, which will undoubtedly be gorgeous and perfect for skating, I find myself on the mend thanks to the Universes' friendly reminder that I am old.

Dalia chillin' with a sweet bird painting.




No comments:

Post a Comment